Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the global leader in real life entertainment.
We are proud to have been named to Vault.com's 2020 rankings for The 100 Best Internships, Best Media & Telecom Internships and Best Internships for Diversity.
Here’s what we offer:
• Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
• Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
• Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
• This summer, our 12 week semester will be held from June 1st-August 21st 2020.
• Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is March 20th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from February through April. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
• States various paid learning opportunities to experience firsthand what it is like to work for a global media company and learn how the valuable skills they developed in the military can translate to support a successful and rewarding career.
• Through this program, veterans will gain valuable industry knowledge through work shadowing, networking opportunities and hands-on training. This program hopes to serve as a vital source for building a qualified candidate pool to fill permanent positions at Discovery and across our industry.
• This program is a 12-week, paid learning experience that offers students valuable industry knowledge and skills that they can apply to a career in the media or entertainment industry.
• With respect to scheduling challenges of active students and/or competing work schedules, this program provides flexibility, to allow veteran students to concurrently pursue their education.
Opportunities are available in the following departments:
• Accounting and Finance
• Ad Sales
• Business & Legal Affairs
• Communications & Public Relations
• Creative & Design
• Digital Media
• Engineering & Media Technology
• Human Resources
• Insights & Research
• Process & Operations
• Social Media
• Talent Casting
• TV Development
• TV Programming & Scheduling
Based on your experience and interests, we will place you in a department that aligns with your career interests and goals.
Discovery’s Veterans Internship Program is designed to support an education curriculum – with a focus on developing practical experience. Eligible applicants must be US military veterans who have been discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States. They must also be actively enrolled in a college or university program with a 3.0+ GPA. Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Please note this position is located in SILVER SPRING, MARYLAND. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.