With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
The Data Lab’s role is to create and maintain data products and serve as data experts (SMEs) to various parts of WMG. This places us in a unique position to bridge business needs with technology and/or business process solutions.
The Data Lab delivers products via both ad hoc and standardized reporting using Tableau, Excel and other outlets. We mine various systems to help create structured and useful reporting to support, Research + Analysis, Global Commercial and Marketing teams, Finance, and other business units.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will have the opportunity to:
• Have access to petabytes of data from dozens of sources for some of the biggest artists in the world.
• Develop projects from start to finish including data extraction, cleansing, manipulation, visualization & automation.
• Use industry-standard data, analytics & visualization tools such as Tableau.
• Work across multiple territories & departments to gain a richer understanding of the music industry.
Here you’ll get to:
Located in the UK, you are the first point of contact for teams throughout EMEA. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Help Organize Data Strategy:
• Collaborate with the Vice President to coordinate and strategize the toolset and workflow of the Data Lab to suit the needs of EMEA.
• Influence development and update data governance policy on all Data Lab content pertinent to EMEA.
Build Data Sources, Visualization & Data Products:
• Build, design, maintain and find opportunities for improvement of data sources, reports, visualizations and products that deliver insight and support key business decisions.
• Create and test data models for implementation into new and existing systems and products.
Identify & Solve Data Related Issues:
• From ingest to visualization, identify and solve a wide variety of data issues that may arise in the data pipelines (such as data integrity or latency).
• Manage relationships across EMEA with IT, Research + Analysis, Marketing, and Commercial teams by attending meetings, participating in the Slack channels, joining data related calls, collaborating on projects and other functions.
• Identify possibilities for cross-department/territory partnerships and project collaborations.
• Communicate changes & issues with data and data related systems to the organization in a timely & audience-appropriate way.
Understand & Ingest Ad-Hoc Requests:
• Interpret, organize and gather business requirements into tangible products, both independently or in conjunction with IT.
Conduct Training & Serve as SME:
• Serve as the Data Lab representative for the training of new EMEA analysts on internal tools, databases and Tableau dashboards.
• Be a domain expert for all data, internal tool and Tableau related inquiries & issues.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing)
• Results-oriented and attentive to detail with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Solid understanding of data warehouses, database management systems, modeling and diagrams with intent to communicate esoteric concepts into tangible data products (2 to 4 years experience)
• Ability to collaborate & share project documentation with a technical team.
• Must have advanced experience using SQL or other query and scripting languages to aggregate, gather, extract and manipulate data.
• Experience using software, systems, and programming languages to build data products (i.e. Python, AWS (Redshift & S3), Qubole, Business Objects, Oracle, Excel, MS Access, etc.) (2 to 4 years experience)
• Some experience translating data to key partners within the organization through visualization (preferably Tableau 2+ years experience).
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Experience working within the music industry
• Understanding of or experience using version control software (Git)