With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Inc., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: Royalty Manager
A little bit about our team:
• Reporting to the UK and International Royalty Controller, you will be working within a team of 15.
• You’ll be responsible for all the Warner UK labels including Parlophone, Atlantic and Classics ensuring our artists are paid on time.
• You’ll be the expert in your area knowing all there is to know about our accounts, answering queries, approving payments and statements.
Why this could be your next big break:
• You will be leading your team interpreting artist recording agreements, approving payments and statements, answering audit queries and ensuring we account to our artists accurately and on time.
• You’ll be liaising with other departments in the company to ensure the team receives all the contractual and financial information we require to provide comprehensive statements.
• This is the culmination of everything the company is working towards – we have signed some great talent and now you are showing them how much they have achieved.
Here you’ll get to:
• You will interpret and approve artist recording agreements received from Business Affairs to the royalty system.
• You will review and approve recoupable costs linked to accounts where relevant.
• You will approve new release set up; liaising with other departments within WMUK to ensure all necessary information is obtained.
• You will approve royalty statements with an acute level of attention to detail.
• You will ensure all payments due are processed by the contractual deadlines.
• You will communicate directly with Artists and Artist representatives either by phone, email or in person to answer queries in relation to Royalty Statements.
• You are highly organised with an excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• You have the ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
• You have experience of managing a team.
• You are prepared to take responsibility and be accountable for your own workload.
• You are comfortable communicating with both employees at all levels and artist management.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• You have experience of artist accounting within a royalty department.
• You have knowledge of interpreting contractual information.