Emmis Communications is a diversified media company, operating across several U.S. markets. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks; treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team.
We are looking for a graphic designer to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media.
What is the role of a graphic designer?
The graphic designer job description includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of websites, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions and more.
Your designs should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you. The media and advertising world move quick. We’re looking for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment & works well in a team.
The goal of this role is to inspire and attract the target audience across multiple platforms.
• Design display advertisements for web
• Create graphics for social media advertisements
• Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
• Develop illustrations, logos and other designs
• Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
• Work with writers and director to produce final design
• Amend designs after feedback
• Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand across all platforms
• Design printed posters and signage for brands and concerts
• Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Proven graphic designing experience
• A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
• Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
• A keen eye for aesthetics and details
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
• A good attitude and able to take feedback positively & productively
• Ability or skill is motion graphics is a plus
• Experience in advertisement design is a plus
• Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus