KWES– NewsWest 9 is looking for a Producer for our innovative newscasts.
Our producers are more than show stackers – they are seeking out and producing engaging and impactful content. They also have a strong knowledge of digital storytelling. The ideal candidate is an energetic, passionate storyteller and communicator, who excels at planning, researching, and writing segments/stories.
This person will be responsible for producing our morning newscast, while working collaboratively with the Talent, and Production Team to assist in the overall direction of the show.
The producer must be creative, have a strong editorial voice and work with the digital content producer to present information that is best suited for our audience. He/she will skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover, write, and produce content for the newscast.
Perform duties as assigned, including making sure all stories chosen meet the standards of the news department. Must also contribute to daily story selection and bring ideas to the table.
• Must be creative and a forward-thinker and have excellent news judgment. Candidate should be able to write compelling copy that is clear and concise and come to work every day with a vision for his/her newscast.
• Must be an excellent leader and champion for newscast.
• Skilled in stacking and timing show.
• Maintains a level of calm during intense pressure situations, without letting the integrity of the newscast suffer.
• Should also be able to handle assignment desk duties including phone news gathering, crew coordination and other duties as assigned.
• At least 1 to 2 years of experience is preferred
• Perform other tasks as required by News Director
• Proven experience
producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines