WATN/WLMT, is looking for a driven, solutions-based Local Sales Manager. This position is responsible for creating and executing a sales strategy for a market leading television station and suite of digital properties. This candidate must be an effective motivator and innovative thinker working with a team comprised of our Local Account Executives, Account Managers and Sales Coordinators. We want someone with a proven history of growing revenue for both television and digital, developing a strong sales team through mentoring and executing special projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, presentation & leadership skills and enjoy being in front of our clients. The LSM ideally will establish and grow strong relationships with local and regional advertisers as well. We’re looking for an idea person and strategic thinker who not only creates sales opportunities for advertisers but also helps in the continuing development of our entire team. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
Responsibilities of the position include :
• Accurately identify, monitor and forecast sales and marketing trends for key business segments.
• Develop short-term, mid-term and long-term business plan for sales department.
• Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts as required.
• Manage key retain, expand and develop accounts with account executives to grow local market share.
• Review and adjust rates and metrics to monitor sales/market share change.
• Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling.
• Work closely with marketing and news departments to generate & implement lead generation opportunities.
• Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification.
• Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications.
• Achieve sales operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to overall strategic plan by monitoring competitive products and feedback from market and forecast sales and achieve goals.
• Coach and lead sales staff by participating in client meetings, building relationships with top clients and being active in the community.
• Responsible for setting the pace for local account executives and constantly providing feedback to better their performance.
Here's what you need:
• Must have proven track record as a broadcast Account Executive or sales manager.
• Four years of sales management in television preferred and digital sales management experience is a plus.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
• Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance.
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, Wide Orbit Sales, SalesForce, Wide Orbit Traffic and qualitative data.
• Documented record of exceeding activity and revenue goals.
• College degree preferred