Requisition Number: 201127
A critical role on the Cox Automotive Pricing Strategy team under the Sales Business Office, the Pricing Strategy Manager for the Reconditioning and Mobility businesses develops pricing, packaging, and monetization capabilities. This individual is responsible for developing pricing strategies that can be implemented and maintained through a close partnership with the Pricing Management function to understand what pricing actions can be executed given market, technical, and/or process constraints. In addition, this role is proactive in building strong relationships with boundary partners in Product, Sales, and Executives to align pricing thought leadership, strategy, and pricing management to drive revenue and profit benefits to Cox Automotive. This role is responsible for the development of pricing strategies to optimize value across all channels, including Dealer Sales, EDP and GES client groups.
• Partner with leaders in Sales, Sales Ops, Executives, Finance, and Product to develop executable pricing strategies aligned to the GTM strategy.
• Requires strong knowledge of the business, marketplace dynamics, business management, sales team structure, and tools / technology that supports price execution.
• Provides thought leadership in pricing science, expert knowledge of pricing models, techniques, and strategies to guide Executives, Sales, and Product partners in developing sustainable pricing that will help enable each business to meet its revenue and profitability objectives.
• Partners with the Pricing Strategy, Pricing Management and Boundary Partners when developing strategies, processes, and tools to ensure strategies are executable and informed by existing system limitations, restrictions, and marketplace realities.
• Drives pricing analytics, discounting and rebate strategies, reporting, and new product monetization approaches through thoughtful analysis, modeling, and market testing where appropriate.
• Drive a strong partnership and be a trusted advisor to business Executives, Sales Leaders, and Product teams throughout the organization.
• Provide subject matter expertise to guide transformational initiatives within the business that require pricing.
• Support pricing discussions with VP & SVP level executives.
• Perform client business analysis, review and refresh list prices, analyze and refine discount strategies, and review floor pricing guardrails to ensure profitable deals
• 5+ Years Experience in Pricing, Sales, Operations, Consulting, or related field driving product management, strategy, or revenue management disciplines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Data Science. MBA preferred.
• Hands-on experience developing advanced pricing models, proofs of concept, business cases to support pricing strategy decision making.
• Experience developing pricing strategies and plans for new products and innovative services.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively across functional teams and different organizational levels to deliver results.
• Must be able to effectively organize and prioritize work-flow and work independently.
• Proven ability to work effectively within complex decision-making and organizational structures.
• Ability to lead parallel assignments in a high-quality manner while hitting deadlines.
• High school degree or GED required.