Requisition Number: 201170
Unleash your potential. Create our future.
Cox is more than a cable company, we are a technology solutions leader. Whether you're selling to a well-established organization or a start-up, we've got the products to help keep your client’s business – and your financial success – moving in the right direction.
As an Account Manager – Cox Business, you will work in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment. You will be have access to dedicated sales support, marketing and competitive research and back office support to allow you to focus on what you do best – closing deals!
Bring your sales experience and Cox will provide you product training to take your career to the next level. Cox is consistently recognized for our great customer service and performance and we want you to join our Winner’s Circle!
The Cox Communications Difference
Cox Communications is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents and grow your career. We value collaboration – ideas and input are always welcome – we are looking for talented individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us.
To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers:
• Competitive base with uncapped earning potential!
• Winners Circle and other awards – we celebrate success!
• FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services (in applicable markets)
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
• Retirement Benefits including 401(K)
• Work-life balance, including generous time off policies: Up to 22 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 Paid Holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• Mentoring and training programs
• Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
• Career advancement across more than 300 businesses in the Cox Enterprises portfolio, including
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential functions of the role include sales, account management, coordination, administration, and self-development.
Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
• Develops strategies to sell sophisticated telecom solutions to hospitality and government clients in a regulated environment. Solutions involve complex voice, data, video and other assigned products.
• Develops and maintains long range account management plans for successful penetration of existing and prospective hospitality and government accounts.
• Identifies new prospects and sales opportunities using multiple sources of sales leads. Collects information about prospects’ businesses and their needs, and meets with customers to assess needs and identify potential applications.
• Builds an effective consultative relationship with customers during the sales process.
• Provides responses for hospitality and government RFI’s and RFP’s for government contracts.
• Collaborates with Sales Engineers and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions for very large/complex customers; assesses ROI of solutions. Develops proposals and multi-media sales presentations.
• Makes face-to-face sales presentations to customer decision makers. Uses solution selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox and to educate and influence customers.
• Negotiates pricing and products with new customers. Verifies that service pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
• Collaborates with Community Relations to creates and participate in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local/county/federal communities in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
• Within assigned accounts, tracks and anticipates upcoming contracts slated for expiration and proactively monitors government funding opportunities to expand or renew the base (including grants, loans and special programs) and develops and implements a renewal plan.
• Coordinates with local Cox Government Affairs, Cox Media, Community Relations, Corporate Government Sales, and appropriate purchasing programs to maximize sales of Cox products and services.
• Collaborates with Sales Manager and Director of Sales to develop forecasts, resolve issues, and identify opportunities to pursue.
• Documents all-hospitality and government related activities.
• Prepares and manages forecasts, win/loss metrics and sales pipeline reporting for accounts, and provides updates as required by management.
• Works with Order Entry Specialist to set up orders for installation. Works with Sales Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to address any issues regarding installation or service for the customer.
• Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose.
• Keeps customer database (Optix/BID) up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, customer premise equipment,networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
• 8 or more years of experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• 2 years successful business-to-business outside sales experience preferred with quotas, cold calling; and 1 year telecommunications (telephony, data, and video) sales experience
• Requires 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Excellent assingment management, relationship building, business advisory skills, business sales skills, written communication, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, results delivered, and sales disposition skills in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• 2 years successful telecommunications (telephony, data, and video) sales experience
• 5 years experience in a complex, technical sales environment
• Knowledge of local market, local contacts