Requisition Number: 201156
Cox Communications is searching for a Network Facilities Technician I. This role maintains and repairs plant systems, equipment and components involved in signal processing, amplification and transmission.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Provides break/fix, service modifications, activation, change or decommission (MACD) OF Core, Edge and Transport network elements for both Residential and Cox Business assets.
• Troubleshoots and repairs problems with transmission levels, signal losses, off-air interference and equipment failures.
• Maintains software within MTC including but not limited to backups, generic releases, and software upgrades.
• Remotely installs, repairs and maintains equipment placed on towers (e.g. microwave transmission).
• Performs proactive network status checks as part of normal surveillance activities, ensuring optimum performance of the network.
• Assists installation/service technicians encountering problems at customer’s site to determine reasons for failures.
• Supports implementation of new services, systems, applications and architectures with evaluation, testing, and support documentation.
• Partners with change management for impact identification, network validation, and execution of support activities.
• Opens, tracks, executes, and resolves escalated trouble tickets related to trouble conditions on network platforms. Provides on-site and/or remote technical support.
• Operates to meet network reliability and availability metrics set forth by Cox Standards.
• Apply code upgrades, applications, maintain, upgrade and configure network equipment, and troubleshoot.
• Ensures compliance with FCC (EAS).
• Tests and evaluates Network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements
• Escalates Network problems to appropriate vendors and/or boundary partners in accordance with department standards
• Assists with researching, planning and preparing operations support technical documents similar to comprehensive manuals; reads network diagrams.
• High School Diploma, GED or related experience
• 1 year of experience in related field (e.g. technical support, installation, maintenance)
• Working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, SONET, DWDM, DOCSIS, Video and telephone technologies
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills to work effectively with team throughout the organization
• Valid local State Driver’s License and driving record that meets Cox standards
• AA/AS degree or Technical Certification in related discipline desired (computer science, engineering, electronics)
• 1 year of experience in provisioning and troubleshooting layer II and III networks
• Technical support experience; testing and test equipment
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• Cisco certification