The CNBC Product & Technology team is looking for a Product Designer II to join our team. The Digital Product Designer will be a core member of our multidisciplinary, in-house team that is responsible for engineering and evangelizing user experience and interaction design practices within the organization.
This role will be primarily focused on helping to define and evolve the design of our web-based products - including our suite of consumer-facing web products as well as our internal content management and publishing tools (CMS).
As a Digital Product Designer, you will collaborate closely with your design, product and engineering partners in the design of human-centered design solutions. You will tackle design and user experience challenges through the use of iterative, collaborative ideation and discussion.
What We Offer:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
• Onsite fitness center, dry cleaning, gourmet cafeteria, massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball and more!
• New technology center
• Universal Park Tickets and companywide discounts
• Active investment in skill-building and growth
• Volunteer Opportunities and many more!
Your Day Includes:
• Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams across design, product, and engineering to align designs with UX and product strategies
• Take a user-centered approach to designing new and existing products - from concept, through execution and implementation
• Contribute to the global design systems and pattern libraries for core products
• Employ a wide set of tools (eg. layout, motion, prototyping) to effectively deliver functional designs across a range of devices and platforms
• Evangelize interaction design craft and best practices
• Combine design thinking and execution to produce usable, intuitive interfaces
• Take full ownership of your work while maintaining an open, collaborative mindset
• As a Digital Product Designer, you will collaborate closely with your design, product and engineering partners in the design of human-centered design solutions. You will tackle design and user experience challenges through the use of iterative, collaborative ideation and discussion.
Who We’re Looking For:
• You are passionately curious and a voracious team player who loves to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
• You gracefully solve problems under pressure while checking your ego at the door.
• You are known for your motivation, attention to detail, and obsession with quality.
• You have an established, repeatable and shareable design process that encourages collaboration between other designers and product teams
• 2+ years of product design experience with a focus on digital products
• Experience in news, finance, or a comparable field where complex information is delivered at scale
• Experience in the design of Enterprise Software and/or Content Management Systems (CMS) preferred
• Have experience (and are comfortable with) rapid, lean ideation
• Demonstrated mastery of all applicable design software (Figma, Sketch, Principle, etc...)
• Exceptional interaction design skills, paired with a knack for shaping efficient and effective interfaces