The Advertising Systems Analyst maintains a strategic understanding of requirements and expectations for Ad Technology (Ad Tech) controlled systems and devises and evolves system configuration and business processes to support those objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Design new technology solutions to support the advertising initiatives of The Weather Company.
• Participate in a cross-functional team including Ad Operations, Ad Products, Product Engineering and QA to implement and operationalize new advertising products.
• Configure The Weather Company platforms and systems to ensure proper delivery of ad products in both test and production environments.
• Document and maintain technical requirements, configurations, work-flows and QA test cases for the advertising solutions to be built and implemented.
• Perform User-Acceptance testing for the advertising solutions built into the TWC consumer platforms. Work with the QA group to ensure advertising solutions are properly implemented and functional across all platforms.
• Troubleshoot and drive to resolution production issues with advertising solutions inside The Weather Company digital platforms.
• Regularly communicate the status of new advertising initiatives, including release dates, challenges and production issues.
• Research the latest technology offerings of The Weather Channel vendor partners. Keep abreast of advertising technology and policy through the IAB and other industry bodies.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• 2+ years scripting/programming experience.
• 2+ years applications or systems administration.
• 2+ years systems integration experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures as they relate to information systems administration and management.
• Working familiarity with project management and system/software development methodologies.
• Working familiarity with Internet/Web technology, including popular and emerging consumer technologies.
• Working knowledge of client/server architectures.
• Working knowledge of database design and information architecture.
• Working knowledge of systems analysis and design / software development life cycle.
• Working knowledge of web analytics fundamentals (log file processing, cookies, user registration, etc.).
• Ability to lead implementation teams in protocol development / system configuration for projects.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability working in high-volume ASP or enterprise web environment.
• Knowledge of java script, cascading style sheets (css), and HTML.