The Weather Systems Group within The Weather Company, an IBM Business,
The Advertising Systems Analyst maintains a strategic understanding of requirements and expectations for Ad Technology (Ad Tech) controlled systems and devises and evolves system configuration and business processes to support those objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design new technology solutions to support the advertising initiatives of The Weather Company.
• Participate in a cross-functional team including Ad Operations, Ad Products, Product Engineering and QA to implement and operationalize new advertising products.
• Configure The Weather Company platforms and systems to ensure proper delivery of ad products in both test and production environments.
• Document and maintain technical requirements, configurations, work-flows and QA test cases for the advertising solutions to be built and implemented.
• Perform Validation testing for the advertising solutions built into the TWC consumer platforms. Work with the QA group to ensure advertising solutions are properly implemented and functional across all platforms.
• Troubleshoot and drive to resolution production issues with advertising solutions inside The Weather Company digital platforms.
• Regularly communicate the status of new advertising initiatives, including release dates, challenges and production issues.
• Research the latest technology offerings of The Weather Channel vendor partners. Keep abreast of advertising technology and policy through the IAB and other industry bodies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures as they relate to information systems administration and management.
• Working familiarity with project management and system/software development methodologies (Agile, KanBan, Scrum, etc.)
• Working familiarity with Internet/Web technology, including popular and emerging consumer technologies.
• Working knowledge of HTTP Proxy software (Charles, Fiddler) to identify and troubleshoot RESTful APIs.
• Working knowledge of client/server architectures.
• Working knowledge of database design and information architecture.
• Working knowledge of systems analysis and design / software development life cycle.
• Working knowledge of web analytics fundamentals (log file processing, cookies, user registration, etc.).
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• 2+ years scripting/programming experience.
• 2+ years applications or systems administration.
• 2+ years systems integration experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability working in high-volume ASP or enterprise web environment.