Are you a fanatic for sports and storytelling? Do you love following your instincts in the suite to craft content that give fans goosebumps? Then [points foam finger] we’re looking for you! We're looking for a Editor to support our Sports content for the Turner sports brands. You could be working on content for basketball, baseball, soccer, golf, esports and more! Every day is a different adventure.
• Create a wide variety of sports content – we’ll look to you to cut teases, trailers, stingers, social posts, opens, image campaigns, docuseries, VOD, OTT, and everything between
• Contribute to our culture of creativity by elevating your craft (through learning new tools, techniques, and skills) and sharing knowledge and inspiration with your teammates
• Collaborate with fellow craftspeople and the network partners throughout the entire project life cycle (idealization - production - final delivery.
• Work collaboratively and autonomously, be given an idea/concept and come back quickly with "How about we try this?" over and over again
• Execute intricate deliverables, experiment with different versions of an edit, and constantly have a finger on the pulse of new cultural trends.
*Something to note-Tournaments, games and shows typically take place on the weekends and well into the early morning hours. You gotta be comfortable with spending your Friday nights, weekends and occasionally holidays plugged in with the team covering events. Don't worry, though, work/life balance is incredibly important to us and we're flexible when it comes to schedules.
Who You Are
• MUST PROVIDE A DEMO REEL/ONLINE PORTFOLIO/WORK SAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE. Please include a link on your resume when applying.
• *Tip*-worked on anything in the sports realm? Include it! Any promos, sizzles, short form, long form, etc., for big entertainment brands? Let's check it out! Showcase your TOP pieces that help show us why YOU would be the best creative for this role.
• You have 3+ years in video editing
• Experience in a sports environment working on high-profile league content (e.g. NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, etc.) strongly preferred
• You're an expert when it comes to the Adobe Creative Suite especially Premiere; it's a plus if you know Avid
• You have a proven track record of delivering outstanding, memorable creative in a fast-paced, high-pressure post-production environment
• You have a solid sense of storytelling, design, and musicality
• You have extensive knowledge of multiplatform (linear, digital, social media) file delivery
• You knock it out of the park when it comes to clear, concise communication skills whether its written or verbal and can tailor and present your ideas to a wide variety of audiences
• You’re an expert multi-tasker who can shift between concurrent assignments, prioritize effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles under pressure
• You’re cool as a cucumber, with a positive can-do attitude, and are ready to roll up your sleeves when demand is high
• You're self-motivated and willing to take initiative
Bottom line: this is an opportunity to support a world-class, award-winning team in crafting the tone and mood of broadcast and digital content. If that sounds like your dream job, then let's talk!