Requisition Number: 200951
Load, operate and unload trucks (car haulers and/or tractor trailer haulers) used in pick up (tow in) and delivery (tow out) of salvage vehicles to and from designated loacations. Operate trucks over public roads in a safe and secure manner consistent with company policies and procedures and in adherence with applicable local, state and US Department
• Review assignments for location of the tow in or tow out and verify company truck is ready for safe operation and verify transported vehicle information including make, model, color, VIN, missing parts, etc.
• Load and unload vehicles from transport truck by use of winch, chains, blocks, electric controls, etc.
• Secure vehicles and vehicle parts with chains, straps or other safe means
• Drive truck to assigned destinations to include maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in confined loading/unloading situations
• Complete and submit all required documentation associated with transport including: truck condition report, driver’s daily logs (if required), fuel purchase logs and mileage logs
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Valid applicable driver's license (2, 3, and 4-car haulers require valid Commercial Class B license; 7-car tractor trailer haulers require valid Commercial Class A license)
• Appropriate Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
• Current Medical Examiner’s Certification (DOT Physical Card)
• Working knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, bottle to throttle, rest time, inspection and maintenance
• Knowledge of basic vehicle safety practices, inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil, fluid levels, and exterior vehicle lights
• Attention to detail