Partnering with executive leadership and operating areas, the WarnerMedia Entertainment (WME) Strategy team facilitates and supports strategic / operational planning. As part of the larger Finance organization, the team executes on detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis to further WME’s strategic priorities including the launch of a direct to consumer streaming service.
We are looking for an Analyst, based in New York, who will provide strategic support for our wide-ranging portfolio of entertainment properties (e.g. tbs, TNT, truTV, HBO, HBO MAX). This role requires a high level of collaboration with internal partners in various business units across the enterprise.
This position reports to the Director of WarnerMedia Entertainment Strategy.
• Support major initiatives to achieve the strategic goals of the WarnerMedia Entertainment business
• Collaborate with internal partners such as Finance, Content, Product, Technology, Network Operations, Ad Sales, Distribution, and Research in support of initiatives
• Build detailed financial models to evaluate strategic options
• Create executive-ready presentations to summarize key findings and recommendations
• Build operating plans for implementation across the business
• Provide support for both WarnerMedia corporate and senior management, including strategy reviews, board presentations, and other management meetings
• Collaborate with Content teams to identify and evaluate strategic opportunities (e.g. audience development, potential partnerships, and new businesses)
• At least 2 years of work experience that includes one or a combination of the following:
• Management Consulting within the Media, Technology, or Telecom practice
• Investment Banking within the Media, Technology, or Telecom practice
• Corporate development, strategy, business development, corporate finance, or FP&A at a media or technology company
• Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience interfacing and presenting to senior executives and management teams
• Superior quantitative modeling skills and a sound understanding of finance
• Ability to distill complex concepts and analyses into clear, easy-to-understand presentations
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with several deliverables under tight deadlines
• Passionate about media and entertainment with a voracious appetite for industry news (e.g. on content, streaming services, linear ecosystem, advertising evolution)
• High level of integrity, strong work ethic, deep intellectual curiosity, and willingness to think outside the box
• Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative DNA
• Ability to thrive and take initiative in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment