WarnerMedia's News Ad Sales Marketing team is in search of a stellar candidate to join us as the Senior Manager, Trade Marketing working across our portfolio of brands: CNN, CNN Business, Great Big Story and HLN. Working alongside the VP, News Content Partnerships he/she will be responsible for the management and execution of the division's external trade communication strategy and the collaborative development of go-to-market positioning and collateral. He/she will be an extremely proactive, creative and enthusiastic team player who thinks differently, sees the big picture and can communicate exceptionally through written, verbal and visual languages.
As the Senior Manager, Trade Marketing, you'll be joining a team of integrated ad sales and product marketers working across all platforms: TV, digital, addressable, on-the-ground, social, audio and beyond. Your peers will work on client-specific pitches and packaging. Your responsibilities will be to partner on the development of the foundational messaging for WarnerMedia News Division brands and to influence the overall brand positioning and perception in the marketplace at the industry level.
• Work alongside the VP, News Content Partnerships and Senior Directors to brainstorm and develop the go-to-market positioning and collateral for WarnerMedia News brands: CNN, CNN Business, Great Big Story and HLN as well as the award-winning Courageous Studios, gathering creative inputs from relevant sales, product and network partners and keeping in mind the cultural influence/relevance of the CNN brand
• Craft general sales materials inclusive of general presentations, brand overviews, case studies, sizzles, playbooks, etc. in close collaboration with CP and Sales leads.
• Manage and evangelize use of news marketing website - ensuring content is fresh, relevant and useful at all times.
• Serve as key point person for trade marketing initiatives, tracking success and executing on annual strategies and tactics inclusive of national/regional event sponsorships, custom events, paid campaigns, social media promotion, special e-blasts, thought leadership deployment, client entertaining and more.
• Work closely with PR/Communications to ensure the News Division maintains a consistent voice and drumbeat in the marketplace; leveraging all forms of deployment, especially social
• Stay abreast of industry and cultural trends and events and help to identify moments to promote WarnerMedia News, award wins and exceptional creative campaign work
• Develop messaging and work with the design team on creation of trade creative such as signage, e-blasts, display media, print ads, etc.
• Lead and manage team's industry awards strategy - working with Awards Specialist on submission development, asset gathering and evaluation
• Partner with VP, News Content Partnerships on creation of executive presentations and talking points
• Build out thought leadership initiatives, working closely with Ad Sales Research teams to deploy and identify quantitative and qualitative support for trade stories
• Support Content Partnerships leadership on internal events and activities
• Manage relationships with vendors and partners (including contracts, invoicing, etc.