The Revenue Analysis and Planning team is seeking a Senior Revenue Analyst to support the revenue analytics and business planning forour ad sales organization. As Senior Revenue Analyst, Revenue Analysis and Planning you will be expected to act as a consultative partner to executives in sales to drive revenue by identifying areas of opportunity and risk using strong analytics skills. Key responsibilities include forecasting and reporting revenue results, analysis of key revenue performance metrics, fulfillment of ad hoc analytics requests and collaboration with management to make thoughtful recommendations and create action plans. We're looking for a dynamic team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, hardworking, entrepreneurial atmosphere focused on driving revenue and strategy for a quickly growing media property. The preferred location is Chicago or Dallas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the sales team with general business analysis that includes, but not limited to, RFP volume and close rate analysis,
• historical account spending, AE performance metrics, marketplace tempo and research to drive timely decision making.
• Conduct regular business reviews with key sales stakeholders to help the team focus on incremental revenue opportunity
• Lead the development and ongoing production of all recurring advertising reports for sales executives and their teams.
• Support the development of and rationale for monthly and quarterly revenue forecasts
• Identify opportunities to improve current reporting formats, processes and systems
• Assist in preparation of annual revenue targets and specific account planning by region, AE, site, advertiser and agency
• Work with the sales team on strategic account reviews and identify opportunities to grow revenue per account
• Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company in departments such as
• finance, operations, HR and legal.
• Stay current with media, technology and competitive publisher trends and digital advertising evolutions
• There are no supervisory responsibilities in this role
• 3 to 5 years of business strategy, analytics, planning or related work for a media company.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who can dissect complex issues and make thoughtful recommendations and action
• Proven ability to persuade, build consensus and work on a collaborative team basis with all levels of management, internally
• and externally
• Possess the ability to consistently take initiative and lead projects with minimal supervision, and work efficiently in a high-paced
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills including the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly
• Excellent organizational, time and people management skills and the ability to work in groups and independently
• Exceptional ability to problem-solve and influence decision making
• Possess a passion for media and consumer internet and a strong intellectual curiosity