WPTZ/NBC5, the Hearst Television owned NBC Network affiliate in the scenic Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, has an immediate opening for a Local Sales Account Executive. This position provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing television station in the market delivering entertainment and news content to the region. Great resources including Nielsen ratings, Marshall Marketing qualitative data, and the vast digital assets with Hearst Television provide significant opportunity for building innovative and effective marketing and sponsorship opportunities for both established and newly developed clients. The position is based primarily in our new state-of-the-art facility in South Burlington, VT (click HERE to check out our new studio). There will also be a need to travel throughout the entire DMA.
• Create, develop and nurture positive business relationships in the community
• Sell commercial time to local and/or regional advertisers and agencies. Includes on-air and digital media platforms.
• Generate new revenue by developing new advertisers to our medium.
• Manage and evolve a list of current valued clients
• Responsible for ensuring commercials are complete and ready to air on schedule.
• Responsible for orderly flow of all sales transactions, including overseeing preemptions and make-goods.
• Prepare creative presentations using rating services and other resources.
• Previous media/advertising experience preferred.
• Knowledge of computer applications (MS Office) and ability to learn proprietary software (Wide Orbit, Marshall Marketing, Kantar).
• Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record; use of personal vehicle for sales calls required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business Management/Communications preferred, or the equivalent.