The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel/jsonline.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Spring Intern to participate in our Internship Program. This intern will work with the politics team creating, producing and editing video on demand, live video streams and video content for Journal Sentinel platforms. You should be a motivated, self-starter who can multi-task and communicate effectively with politics reporters and editors.
This paid internship program gives college students an opportunity to work in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel newsroom during the spring semester. We’re seeking students who are looking for a professional-level experience and have the initiative, skills and judgment to excel at it.
• Degree-seeking student currently enrolled in a journalism program at a college or university. Students must have completed one year of college. Preference given to more advanced students. Those who have completed undergraduate work also are accepted.
• Strong command of AP writing, spelling, grammar, and style.
• Solid fact checking and reporting skills.
• Well-organized, detail-oriented and flexible.
• Open to new ideas, new experiences and learning on the job.
• Critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Technical skills (will vary depending on the assignment).
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience performing a wide variety of tasks under the pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• If you are selected for a driving role, these positions require a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
• Employment is contingent on passing a post-offer pre-employment background check and drug screen (for driving roles only).