Hearst Television has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer/editor who knows how to create and edit memorable segments for the “Rossen Reports“ consumer franchise. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can do attitude. Candidates must enjoy winning the big story, developing sidebars to breaking news events and weather. Candidates must be fast, accurate, detail-oriented, calm under pressure and work well on a team.
• For the right candidate, we can be flexible on location for Producer’s home base
• Edit all “Rossen Reports” pieces and demonstrate an ability for high-end creative video storytelling
• Pitch, develop, produce, write and execute original stories that create a unique experience for viewers
• Work with Chief National Consumer Correspondent Jeff Rossen through all aspects of development and production
• Travel for stories, at times last-minute
• Associate Producing or Producing experience at a television station or network.
• Creative presentation style
• Experience in a newsroom environment is a plus
• Excellent writing, editing, copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several stories at once through several stages of production.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Ability to shoot a plus.
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred