FOX Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Write clear, concise, accurate copy using proper grammar, vocabulary and spelling Write all assigned stories accurately and within deadline Select videos and soundbites for stories and, write copy to match Proofread broadcast and digital copy Monitor latest developments in stories and insert updates in all copy Create appropriate graphics, including maps, for assigned stories Work independently to find the information necessary to complete the story using all available means Work with field crews to manage stories, provide graphics support, video and logistical support. Work effectively with news management and newsroom personnel to develop content and production of newscasts. Other duties as requested. Adhere to all professional broadcast journalism standards concerning legal and ethical issues.
• Positive Attitude
• Commitment to Excellence
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent Communication Skills
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
• Regularly stand; walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; and; talk or hear. Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• QUALIFICATIONS: One-year experience in a TV news department. Strong creative writing skills and editorial judgment. Proficient in social media
• EDUCATION: College degree in an applicable discipline such as broadcast journalism or equivalent job experience.
• OTHER: Working knowledge of broadcast and digital platform. Must be well organized, able to manage multiple projects and work well under pressure