We are CNN and HLN. The world's most essential and engaging source of news. We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution.
See what it’s like to work at CNN and HLN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Coder + 3D Animator + Vizrt Expert = Our next Vizrt Designer
The CNN/HLN Design team is looking for our next Vizrt Designer in Atlanta, Georgia to take on real-time graphics design (primarily, but not limited to vizrt scenes and templates), software architecture, integration, operations/engineering support, and development in new technologies (including magic wall, augmented and virtual reality). Reporting into the Assistant Art Director and Art Director, you'll partner closely with the editorial and viz operations support teams on four different live programs crafting innovative and cutting-edge ways to tell our stories.
Think you have what it takes to hit the ground running and help tell our stories with CGI techniques? Let's see it! Include a link on your resume to CG work samples when you apply.
• Leverage vizrt and other real-time graphics production tools to design and develop concepts.
• See projects through to completion and implementation on multiple platforms.
• Create innovative user interface solutions while also testing and supporting the real-time graphics systems.
• Effectively communicate with Art Directors and Producers to coordinate production and distribution of design elements.
• Coordinate efforts with personnel in Editorial, Broadcast Operations, and Engineering on the delivery, implementation and quality control of new products and workflows.
• Develop unique scripting solutions for the Vizrt design and playout environments as well as the CNN Design Vizrt infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose application and system-related issues and bugs.
One thing to note, we work in a sort of "breaking news" type environment so working nights and weekends isn't uncommon.
• MUST PROVIDE A DEMO REEL/ONLINE PORTFOLIO/WORK SAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE. Please include a link on your resume when applying.
• *Tip*-Showcase your TOP pieces that help show us why YOU would be the best creative for this role.
• You're an expert Vizrt user with 4+ years of television production experience
• It's a plus if you have a degree from accredited art program with emphasis in graphic design, web design, illustration, 3d animation, visual communications or related field, or equivalent work experience with a demonstrated knowledge of graphic design.
• If you've completed courses in computer science and programming that's even better!
• You have extensive experience supporting live and in-studio regular programming.
• You have experience with 3D modeling software (such as Cinema 4D and Maya), additional real-time 3D animation software (such as Unity 3D) and additional programming languages (such as C#, Visual Basic and Java.)
• Desire for constantly expanding knowledge of new technologies.
• You take a creative leadership approach delivering high quality results even when the stakes are high
• You knock it out of the park when it comes to clear, concise communication skills whether its written or verbal and can tailor and present your ideas to a wide variety of audiences
• You’re an expert multi-tasker who can shift between concurrent assignments, prioritize effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles under pressure
• You work well under pressure with a positive can-do attitude, and are ready to roll up your sleeves when demand is high
• You're self-motivated and willing to take initiative
• You're able to work flexible hours as needed
Desirable experience (not mandatory) includes:
• Experience with Datapool
• Transition Logic
• Viz3 Scripting and iNews interfacing platforms as they relate to Vizrt systems is preferred