Job ID 735643BR
WABC-TV, the flagship Disney/ABC – owned television station in New York, is the most-watched television station in the New York Television market and the United States. WABC also leads the market in station websites and has the highest social media engagement.
The WABC Technology team is responsible for designing and maintaining the broadcast, IT, and newsroom systems which enable WABC to create and deliver the news each and every day. In this internship you will be working with senior engineers and project managers helping to test new software deployments, develop training materials, and troubleshoot broadcast issues as they come up. Everyday there will be a new opportunity to learn something new about what it takes to be the #1 broadcast station in the country.
A day in the life…
Each day you will be rolling up your sleeves both metaphorically and literally to get to the bottom of any and all problems faced. On some days you will spend time with our production teams to understand their workflows and then meet with engineers to propose and implement timesaving solutions. Then on the next day you will work with a design engineer to put together an equipment list for a new studio build and ensure delivery will meet our needs.
What you bring to the role…
• Familiar with basic video production
• Understanding of Television Production Workflows
• Desire to be part of a fast moving agile organization
• Attention to detail, exacting standards, and superior organization skills
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Major or previous coursework in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Video Production, or related major
• Familiarity with Broadcast Production & Distribution Systems
• Understanding of the network affiliate relationship model
• Previous work or intern experience in the field of television
• All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
• All students must be at least 18 years old
• At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring) prior to participating in the program – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
• All candidates must be available from May through August
• All candidates must be willing to work 16 hours/week
• All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the session