The LA Galaxy is seeking hard-working, detail-oriented, and proactive individuals to assist with presentation/operations during LA Galaxy and LA Galaxy II home games. Field Operations Crew members are responsible for facilitating key operational tasks associated with the production of LA Galaxy game days and will have a direct role in executing match operations such as presentation, field setup, locker room set up, etc.
• Assist with set up/breakdown of LA Galaxy and LA Galaxy II home matches – including, but not limited to, sideline set up, locker rooms, SoccerFest, etc.
• Facilitate and assist with match operations, game presentation, teams and officials, etc.
• Arrange referee and visiting team’s requests, working with the venue and Galaxy staff to fulfill needs
• Work with other game day staff to manage on-field promotional elements during pregame and halftime
• Assist with field-level operations and security issues during match
• Maintain all equipment and supplies in a proper working order
• Execute other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
• Must be assertive, proactive, and resourceful with great attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task, meet tight timelines, and work effectively in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize efficiently and quickly
• Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management, staff, fans, children, players, VIP’s, etc.
• Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing in excess of 35 lbs. with assistance from other members of the team
• Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
• Work outdoors in varying weather conditions to include extreme heat or cold.
• Flexible schedule to allow commitment to ALL LA Galaxy home games, and 80% of LA Galaxy II home games, during the 2019 season, including some weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet game/event needs
Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
• Must be 18 and over
• Must be a high school graduate (or equivalent). Bachelor’s degree, or current college student, is strongly preferre
• 1 - 2 years’ experience working in the Sports / Game Operations / Entertainment industry preferred
• Team Sports/ Soccer interest is a plus