The Manager of Field IT Operations core function is to execute and manage activities relating to live event IT services (deployment, support, training). This role is responsible for the inventory, deployment, operation, and support all company ticketing and access control hardware – including scanners, printers, computers, MDM, RFID portals, and other devices
• Manage Field IT team responsible for IT assets and related tasks, both in the office and at events, to ensure stable, consistent operations and ensure client deliverables are met.
• Travel to event locations, install, implement, and maintain IT assets. Oversee and monitor the performance of systems at the event site, including applications, networks, and hardware.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Product, Client Services, Finance) in planning, administration, and execution of projects, processes, issue resolution, and procedures.
• Recommend capital expenditure items needed each fiscal year and work closely with management on yearly budget.
• Build, develop, leverage external relationships with vendors, clients to ensure success of company objectives.
• Maintain and develop product and industry knowledge, including business requirements, company solutions, and operational best practices. Remain current on new and emerging live event technologies (RFID, mobile, Wifi, proximity, Data analytics).
• Develop, implement, evolve and maintain accurate inventory records regarding all IT assets. Provide reports and status updates when necessary. Forecast and plan for hardware needs throughout the year. Ensure compliance relating to PCI and other internal corporate security procedures.
• A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in a related field
• A minimum of 7 years of related work experience.
• Strong people management and leadership skills including coaching, mentoring, hiring and firing
• Preferred experience working as a computer technician with customer hardware builds, including mechanical and electrical engineering skillsets. RFID experience an additional plus.
• Experience implementing and maintaining asset management tracking solutions.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows Mac OS, IOS, SQL
• Experience working in a technical position in a facility with standard network and server protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
• Working knowledge of traditional and tablet-based POS systems in a PCI compliant environment
• Strong understanding of cabling standards to facilitate circuit or network extensions as needed preferred
• Previous live event IT support and/or venue IT support with the ability to understand event production requirements and translate them into technology requirements
• Strong trouble shooting and problem resolution skills
• Self-motivated, self-directed and able to work independently.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and work weekends in a strenuous work environment.