The Event Coordinator shall be responsible for the planning, budgeting, and implementation of events and will generally support all event operations as assigned by the venue management team. Under administrative direction of the venue management team, the Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting clients with their scheduled events In addition to advancing and procuring any equipment, supplies, inventory and physical areas that will take place, the Event Coordinator may also serve as the venue representative to local hotels while developing and maintaining relationships with vendors in order to coordinate pricing with these organizations.
• Assists in managing the budgets for events that take place for the Sales and Operations teams. Coordinates with Managers to ensure proper support staff are scheduled to fulfill contractual arrangements and procures vendors that are associated with the event.
• Works with Operations team to oversee execution on event days including but not limited to coordinating meals, set ups, and general show day needs as assigned. Prepares checklists, schedules and other correspondence for departments relative to events. May prepare detailed outlines and instructions for events as required. May also assist with ordering of venue supplies, staff uniform, and maintain hospitality files (hotels, maps, menus) for quick access and acts as liaison for same.
• Attend Sales and Operations meetings and provide budgets. Assists the Sales team with settlements, provides detailed budgeting information including but not limited to event budget based on advance, receipts and analysis of day of event expenses.
• Manage events as assigned and work as the direct contact for the special events. Participate in association meetings for event planners and similar organization. Attend meetings, network, and provides data to General Manager. Build and cultivate relationships with vendors such as caterers, hotels and equipment providers to negotiate for best pricing available.
• Maintain database of potential targets for Special Events and participates in solicitation efforts. Provide quarterly reports, negotiate annual prices, secures partner agreements with General Manager and handle tracking of free rooms and use of same. May conduct assigned market research as directed.
• May assist Production Manager with needs such as copying, providing information to acts, getting artists list to box office or other similar functions.
• May book or make recommendations of local hotels for the acts and their entourage.
• A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree Preferred)
• 2-4 years of related work experience
• Experience in hospitality and food service industries
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); and ability to learn required business systems
• Knowledge of legal and risk issues surrounding food service, contract fulfillment and leases
• Exceptional problem solving skills
• Exceptional Customer Service skills to interface with artists, management, tenants and other high profile persons
• Highly organized and flexible. Able to work under pressure calmly.
• Budgeting and inventory experience. Ability to handle cash and checks, figure sums and provide expense reports