The Director, Security for NBC News International will have oversight of all security logistics and physical security operations for NBC News International, which will include the planning and execution phases of all remote operations internationally, with a particular emphasis on high-risk locations. This individual reports directly to the Vice President, NBC News Security as part of the Global Security Operations team, working directly with NBC News International. This individual will manage vendor relationships and ensure the necessary resources, policies, processes, and plans are in place to protect the company’s employees, physical property, intellectual property, and operations. This position will deploy extensively with NBC News International and will be based out of London, UK.
• Work directly with the NBC News producers, camera operators, senior executives, talent and local staff on all aspects of the planning and execution of security logistics and operations, including, but not limited to, the planning and execution phase of all News remotes; This includes assessing the Security needs, securing appropriate vendors, travelling to remotes when required, and conducting post-mortems to identify lessons learned and greater opportunity for efficiencies.
• Prepare detailed risk assessments for travelers in On Assignment Unit and/or NBC News International.
• Oversee Security Vendors, including contracts, budgets, and invoice processing, and implement Security action plans for NBC News International; Coordinate all Security vendors who operate remotely for NBC News and ensure that standard operating procedures are up to date and adhered to.
• Establish security guidelines and training requirements for NBC News employees; coordinate all necessary security related trainings, either as the training facilitator or as a direct liaison with contracted security training vendors.
• Work closely with the Global Security Operations team to coordinate and advise of NBC News International security needs, review and identify new vendor relationships, ensure use of updated policies and procedures, and develop a regular communication rhythm with the Global Response & Intelligence Center team.
• Assist NBC News management (Human Resources, Legal, etc.) with investigations when appropriate.
• Play an active role in representing the Security Department with Business Continuity and Crisis Management teams.
• Develop and maintain effective business relationships with Local and National law enforcement and emergency response government agencies.
• Direct personal protection support for NBC News senior executives and talent, as needed.
• Provide guidance on the design, development, assessment, and effectiveness of company security policies.
• Assess Global Security risk for NBC News people, assets, and properties, by establishing project scope, auditing program design, and the execution of control design and operating effectiveness tests.
• Develop, plan and execute against continued process optimization and quality improvement initiatives, focused on improving functions, quality, and costs including performance vs. standard/best practice initiatives.
• Assist in awareness training and preparation (inclusive of researching and procuring personal protective equipment) for the On Assignment Unit and NBC News teams in between deployments.
• Develop the process and regularly execute the gathering, analyzing, and reporting of Global Security Metrics and KPI’s to Global Security Leadership, peers, and senior management.
• Significant professional experience in law enforcement, military, corporate security, and/or a related role, preferably with experience in remote and high-risk/hostile environments.
• Experience managing a budget and working with vendors.
• Experience with general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, privacy assessments, intrusion detection, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
• Proven knowledge of International politics and geography, with working experience in a role related to international cases or working in an international organization.
• Ability to travel to high risk locations on short notice.
• Extensive training in, and experience administering, first-aid and trauma care, with a special focus in resource-poor environments, highly desired.
• Extensive international security network with strong relationships, particularly in the regions of Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
• Demonstrated past experience working with senior level executives and high profile talent, particularly in the Security discipline.
• Experience establishing and implementing departmental strategy, as well as managing short and long-term projects and developing team members.
• Broad professional experience working as a part of a globally dispersed team is a plus.
• Established project management skills and experience.
• Ability to coordinate several projects and daily responsibilities concurrently.
• Strong working knowledge and experience in the areas, industry, and emerging trends of Corporate Security and/or Law Enforcement information management programs.
• Self-motivated operator with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced and dynamic setting.
• Bachelor's Degree desired with a degree in Criminal Justice, Security, or related field strongly preferred.