The Digital Press Operator is responsible for loading and processing of files on the press machines in order to process multiple prints on various substrates. Must coordinate with the production team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet the deadline changes and updates. The Digital Press Operator will coordinate workload schedule to meet customer time frame requirements while achieving optimum productivity. Performs daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on equipment to ensure optimum output while also supporting operations as needed.
• Perform file preparation activities using RIP software.
• Perform equipment and shop maintenance activities, troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and perform printer calibrations as needed. Properly troubleshoot press issues and submit a “Service Call” when repairs are out of our training realm.
• Properly setting up/imposing various types of print jobs. Ensure job tickets are 100% accurate based on information provided in the company software Properly load/unload the required substrate in designated presses. Check print output for quality (color, registration, press flaws, etc.).
• Determine possible issues with files before printing job and communicate with pre-press department with any concerns. Inspect and examine printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications and external defects. Examine job orders to determine details such as quantities to be printed, production times, stock specifications, colors and color sequences.
• Manage the print queue in an effective and timely manner ensuring that print jobs are handled based on current priorities. Notify relevant Managers of disruptions to normal work flow; e.g., of last minute Priority jobs, equipment downtime, etc.
• Clean and maintain equipment/ work area to following maintenance procedures. Monitor assigned machine adjusting speed, temperature, ink flow and positions of products to ensure machine is maintaining the proper registration and/or proper cut and scoring specifications.
• Help Monitor and manage inventory of supplies. Order and Stock supplies as instructed by supervisor
• Interface with the Customer Service team, designers and/or the customer to ensure a complete understanding of work order. Coordinate with
• Customer Service and/or Pre-press regarding any job discrepancies.
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc
• A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience of employment experience, with 3 plus years of print production experience
• Familiarity with handling digital files
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Adobe production software (Photoshop/Illustrator), and other tools. Intermediate knowledge of RIP software and processes required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good mathematical skills
• Good understanding of digital printing, preferably large format
• Frequent lifting of objects up to 50 lbs. Standing for prolonged periods of time.
• Effective multitasking skills required. Able to effectively plan and coordinate, on short notice, the printing of any RUSH jobs that hit the print queue.
• Ensure all workspaces assigned to the Press Department are clean at all times. This includes print desks, presses, floors, and computer desk tops.
• Must be able to work extended hours as needed to include evenings, weekends, and holidays