The Now team leads live coverage for CNN Digital. From daily politics to extreme weather, we cover what's happening in real-time for a highly-engaged web and mobile audience.
You will be a hands-on member of the breaking news team, helping us cover major events for a very large number of readers. Smartly packaged; socially shared and spark conversations. You will write short news items backed by CNN's award-winning reporting and monitor and highlight key moments from on-air interviews and press conferences. We don't do pyramid style. We do eye-popping visuals You'll help maintain the editorial calendar and pre-produce planned events such as major hearings on Capitol Hill, storms, interviews, town halls, and award shows. You'll also help us stay vigilant as we monitor Twitter and internal sources for emerging news and make decisions whether to cover.
The ideal candidate will be someone who works well in a fast-paced environment under pressure and on deadline, has good news judgement and is a true team player. Someone who has voice, verve and vision.
• You should have an insatiable appetite for breaking news and be familiar with the major players in politics, with an ability to track constantly changing and emerging newsmakers and storylines. Someone who lives on social media
• While we work what might be considered "normal" hours, you should expect to work some nights and occasional weekends as the news permits. The news doesn't stop at 5 p.m., oftentimes it is just getting started.
• You should be technically proficient, familiar with Twitter, and not afraid to learn new software, websites or tools.
• You should be a good writer with a general familiarity of AP style.
• You should know how to write a headline, and a sharp, precise paragraph that captures the nut of the story.
• You should know how to identify a key photo or moment in video and be comfortable with basic photo and video editing.
• Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Summer 2020 program dates are June 1st through August 7th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.