TEGNA is breaking the mold for how media companies operate. Recently named Station Group of the Year by Broadcasting and Cable, we have committed vast resources to transform our company through various initiatives including our “Over-the-Top” advertising and data solutions platform, Premion. Premion (www.premionmedia.com) is leading the way at the local and regional level with advertisers, helping them find their audience and directly connecting them through premium, long-form episodic content.
Premion is hiring a Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta who will take a market leadership position focusing on sales of our Premion advertising and data services to agencies and clients in the Southeast region. This position reports to the Senior Sales Director, Southeast at Premion based in Atlanta. There is no remote option available for the role.
If you can answer yes to these questions, this job might be right for you:
• I have been successful selling broadcast, OTT and/or digital media in the Atlanta market and/or Southeast region.
• I would like to be a part of an exciting expanding business in a high growth category (e.g. OTT/CTV)
• It excites me to work with an industry leader and become part of a strong team of high performers
• I am seen as a leader, excellent communicator, team player and innovator
• I like the intensity of a fast-moving environment
In this role you will:
• Manage all sales efforts for Premion in Southeast region, under the direction of the Regional Sales Director
• Be a market specialist, able to forecast trends and categories driving the Atlanta and Southeast media markets
• Possess a consultative sales approach
• Possess the necessary “hunter of new business” mentality
• Be a subject matter expert in all things OTT, CTV, digital video and related data application; and understand marketplace competition
• Leverage existing and develop new relationships with agencies and direct clients in the market
• Alongside the Regional Director, develop and execute annual strategic revenue plan that achieves goals and grows market share in assigned territory
• Work closely with inventory and ad operations teams to maximize all opportunities
• Identify, monitor and accurately forecast sales activity
• Work closely with marketing to develop and maximize Premion’s brand and presence in Atlanta and the Southeast region
• Recognize the changing media landscape and adjust strategy and tactical plans quickly
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
• Minimum of 5-7 years of media sales experience in Atlanta/Southeast region.
• Experience in successfully selling FEP, streaming, OTT, and/or digital video
• Proven sales leader with a record of sales achievement
• Working knowledge of all facets of broadcast, Advanced TV, OTT and/or digital video preferred
• Effective driver of revenue
• Ability to think and act strategically as a thought leader and problem solver
• Strong attention to detail and roll up your sleeves mentality.
• Excellent interpersonal, team and leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• com experience preferred
• Understanding of agency media buying platforms, i.e. Strata, Mediaocean
• Working knowledge of Wide Orbit preferred
• Programmatic advertising knowledge, experience a plus
• Ability to travel 25% of the time to other markets if needed and other relevant business trips