Requisition Number: 1918034
This position prepares properly repaired and primed automotive body panels for refinish coat application, assuring all sand scratches and visible imperfections are removed or repaired prior to application of refinish topcoats. Adherence to processes defined in Manheim’s Body Shop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) is required.
• Inspect all repaired and primed panels for proper and complete body repairs and primer application as defined in SOP.
• Review any incomplete, missed damage, or improper repairs with management before proceeding.
• Mask/protect any adjacent panels (non refinish) from scratches or damage before final sanding.
• Prepare properly repaired and primed panels (including “blend” panels) for final finish application using abrasives, power tools, and hand tools, as directed in SOP.
• Avoid over-sanding (cutting through finish) or under-sanding (leaving sand scratches that will be visible in final finish) refinish panels.
• Clean and remove all dust and other particles from repair/refinish panels completely prior to moving completed vehicles to next step.
• Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
• Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., assist supervisor in training and orienting new employees, perform housekeeping duties, etc.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 1 year of body shop and/or prepping experience preferred.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
• Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
• Ability to lift 1-15 pounds (i.e., light hand tools, etc).
• Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
• Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.