With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
• Reporting to the UK & International Royalty Controller, you will be working within a team of 15 with one direct report.
• You’ll be responsible for the A&R accountings, B-Unique and W Songs labels, ensuring our artists and consultants are paid on time.
• You’ll be the point of contact for all data queries and analytical requests in the royalty team, running queries, preparing reports and becoming the expert in your area.
Why this could be your next big break:
• This is an “Account management” style role where you will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of six monthly royalty statements to the Artists within your client group.
• You will get involved with all areas of our business, make some great contacts and have an overview of the end to end process.
• This is the culmination of everything the company is working towards – we have signed some great talent and now you are showing them how much they have achieved.
Here you’ll get to:
• You will interpret and implement artist recording agreements received from Business Affairs to the royalty system.
• You will review and apply recoupable costs to the accounts where relevant.
• You will manage new release set up; liaising with other departments within WMUK to ensure all necessary information is obtained.
• You will prepare royalty statements with an acute level of attention to detail.
• You will ensure all payments due are processed by the contractual deadlines.
• You will communicate directly with Artists and Artist representatives either by phone, email or in person to answer queries in relation to Royalty Statements and audits.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You are educated to a minimum A-level standard (with good academic grades).
• You are highly organised with an excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• You have the ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
• You are able to take own initiative and responsibility over own workload, while working within the goals of the team.
• Experience of managing data and good analytical skills.
• You have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous royalty experience or experience within the music or finance industry.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• A passion for music