Requisition Number: 1917594
Under general supervision of the Corporate Services Director, the Facilities Technician (“FT”) performs routine and emergency duties necessary for the operations and maintenance of the office complex, including building and grounds.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Performs basic electrical work, preventative maintenance of HVAC, basic plumbing, office furniture repairs/cleaning, office relocations, furniture tear-down/reconstruction, basic carpentry work, light bulb replacements, mounting bulletin boards, white boards, TV’s, pictures etc. and conducts routine inspection of such items.
• Operates and adjusts Building Management Systems (BMS) for seasonal and local comfort.
• Plans reconfigurations and relocates furniture and office equipment, as well as set up and take down of furniture/audio visual equipment for meetings and special events in house or at remote locations as required by the manager.
• Works on various facility projects such as office modifications, furniture tear-down/reconstruction, door repairs, light bulb replacements, mounting bulletin boards, white boards, TV’s, pictures etc.
• Contacts vendors/contractors to solicit cost estimates, references, etc.
• Reviews invoices, audits for accuracy and processes for payment.
• Responds to emergency calls, evaluates damages and takes necessary steps to protect customers, employees and property.
• Assumes lead role in facilities maintenance and operations.
• Reviews work request queue daily. Takes action on tickets as directed and/or needed to meet SLA.
• Observes, reports and/or remediates safety matters.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and parts including purchases of small tools and equipment
• May perform some minor landscape repairs or adjustments and property clean-up services. (minor trash, cigarette butt clean-up, remove small broken branches, etc.)
• May perform basic janitorial duties throughout the facilities.
• May conduct meetings and assist with special event support and planning with respect to facility-related matte
• Reviews My Service Now work request queue daily. Takes action on tickets as directed and or needed to meet SLA.
• Performs periodic inspections of the facility, logging appropriate information and submit to facility manager and FM database.
• Ensures compliance with all local, state, federal and OSHA facilities related regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the manager.
• HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
• 2 or more years of experience preferred in related field (facilities operations)
• Requires strong knowledge of building system terms and technology; Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word and Excel
• Excellent organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, math, written, verbal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
• Valid local State Drivers’ License with driving record that meets Cox standards
• AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired
• Experience operating and maintaining commercial chillers, cooling towers, boilers, VFD drives & pumps.
• Experience operating and maintaining automated Building Management Systems to include Central Plant, HVAC controls and automated lighting systems.
Confidential and Sensitive Information:
May encounter customer PII (Personal Identifying Information) in performance of duties. Safeguards all proprietary information and materials to assure departmental, company and vendor security. Access to sensitive information may occur in the act of performing job duties.
Environment and Working Conditions:
Works in both office and outdoor environments, exposure to inclement weather. Travel involves exposure to traffic situations including emergency responses both day and night. Repeated bending, lifting, reaching, sitting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, navigating stairs, standing and carrying parts, tools and supplies up to 80 pounds. May require occasional use of ladder or step stool, furniture dolly, hydraulic lift gate and tie down straps.