Conan O’Brien is TV’s longest running late night host and one of the most successful, respected comedians in America. He’s currently the host of CONAN on the TBS television network. An Emmy award winner, O’Brien began his career as a writer for Saturday Night Live and The Simpsons where he developed his original brand of comedy, living at the intersection of smart and silly, that has inspired a generation of comedians and writers who came after him. Named by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world. Last year, O’Brien’s digital company, “Team Coco,” entered into a Joint Venture with TBS to create an omnichannel digital media company that both expands and diversifies Conan’s fanbase and capitalizes on new business opportunities. These new initiatives include a successful touring and live events business, hilarious and effective branded digital content, and the world’s top comedy podcast, Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend.
The Growth Marketing Manager will be responsible for acquiring and engaging new audiences across multiple verticals through online and offline methods.
The successful candidate will have a passion for social and digital media and experience scaling campaigns across all major acquisition channels. They will also bring a highly analytical, creative, and flexible mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel.
• Profitably acquire new fans through digital advertising, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), Social Media, external partnerships and other direct marketing programs
• Create the infrastructure needed for rapid growth (evaluate tools, attribution models, testing capabilities, dashboards, and reporting)
• Partner with internal teams to develop and execute weekly, monthly, and quarterly growth strategies across media channels with the goal of maximizing subscriber/fan acquisition while working towards establishing and increasing LTV
• Own channel measurement; tracking, monitoring, and optimizing performance against KPIs (i.e. revenue generation, new subscribers across YouTube, Instagram and Twitter followers and Podcast subscribers, win-back lapsed subscribers, series awareness, content sampling, video views, and ticket sales)
• Contribute to the marketing experimentation roadmap, focusing on tests and analytics that surface new strategies to increase effectiveness and efficiency
• Work cross-functionally with our Creative, Programming, Live Events, Biz Dev, and Brand teams
• Develop and foster strong relationships with channel partners, Warner Media digital teams, and media agencies
• Optimize and manage budget across publishers and tactics to deliver positive return on marketing spend
• 6+ years of experience in digital marketing at a direct-to-consumer or media company with an emphasis on acquisition, including hands-on experience in a paid social campaign management role
• Deep knowledge of digital acquisition marketing, digital media formats (ie. social video, podcast, gaming) audience targeting, social platforms, and paid media attribution
• Excellent data analysis skills and a test-and-learn mentality
• Experience in setting up, optimizing and scaling paid social campaigns
• Ability to build and foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
• Experience with all aspects of campaign management including planning, testing, creative development, and optimization in a cross-functional and highly collaborative environment
• High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously