You've had a video game controller in hand since you could walk. You've witnessed the evolution of games from Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, to Call of Duty and League of Legends and finally the epically popular Fortnite. You’ve played them all and could recite players, levels, challenges, strategies and even top streamers for almost every game like it's your home address. When someone asks, "what're you doing Friday?" You already know. It's an ELEAGUE night and the Rocket League world championship is on. What can you say? It's your passion. And each morning – sleep deprived from too much Twitch – you head to your boring job. BUT WHY? Why not combine your passion for esports and gaming with your job?
That's where we come in.
We're hiring for a Social Media Coordinator to join our Emmy award-winning Turner Sports Social Team, focused on the ELEAGUE property in Atlanta, Georgia. In this hourly role, you'll be the expert when it comes to the gaming community. You'll help plan and execute social media campaigns around on-going events and marketing objectives on platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and even Reddit and Discord. Familiar with Tiktok? Awesome. Let's build out that strategy and run with it. This is your opportunity to combine your years of social media experience with your passion and knowledge of gaming and esports.
• Assist with the day-to-day management of ELEAGUE social properties helping to develop social strategies, tactics and editorial calendars for short and long-term brand growth, taking into account platforms, content and competitive landscape.
• Implement and monitor social platforms across shows and talent making sure goals are aligned, creative is engaging, messaging is consistent, content is strategically distributed and sponsorship requirements are met.
• Make sure our social media copy is on-brand, consistent in terms of creativity, style, quality, and tone of voice; reviews and routes creative assets to appropriate stakeholders.
• Manage relationship with the product team, producers, talent, internal/external stakeholders as gaming expert on the team
• Work alongside the social media and product team to apply, research, and deliver emerging best practices across social platforms
• Apply data and insights learnings to the content plan.
Something to note-Tournaments, matches and shows typically take place on the weekends and well into the early morning hours. You gotta be comfortable with spending your Friday nights plugged in with the ELEAGUE team covering live events. Don't worry, though, work/life balance is incredibly important to us and we're flexible when it comes to schedules.
Who You Are
• You have EXPERT knowledge of multiple gaming titles, esports brands and the overall gaming community
• You're no newbie when it comes to familiarity with the games on ELEAGUE
• You have 1+ years of social media experience managing social content marketing campaigns
• It's great if you have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Digital Media, Advertising, Marketing or related field
• It's a plus if you've been known as the social media guru and know the ins and outs of all things FB, Insta, Twitter, TikTok etc., and what content does well on which platforms
• You have amazing communication and copywriting skills and are able to sell an idea to both management and colleagues
• It's a plus if you have experience with Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere
• You've received accolades for how exceptional your project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills are
• You are a self-starter and strong teammate who can work independently, collaboratively and responsibly.
• You have solid judgment, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
• You're a creative who rocks a positive attitude and has a high level of professionalism
Your day job might be as a production assistant, accountant, writer, etc., but at night and on the weekends you're known as the EXPERT in gaming and esports brands. Think about how you can TAILOR your resume/cover letter to reflect that gaming knowledge. If you simply only reflect your non-relevant job experience, then we won't be able to see all your awesome experience when it comes to gaming. BE CREATIVE!