The New York bureau of CNN en Español is responsible for news coverage in the northeast region of the country.
Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues, sports, fashion, and trends.
They also pay close attention to issues related to the Hispanic community including immigration, etc.
Content generated by the bureau appears on CNN en Espanol and CNN Latino. The tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• Interns gain insight into the editorial and production processes, while interning at CNN en Español NY.
• They strengthen their research skills and aide reporters and producers in setting up stories and working in the bureau and/or in the field on breaking news stories as well as ongoing reporting speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Interns may greet show guests and assist in basic
• Administrative tasks.
• Intern's schedules vary and may include week and weekend work - morning and evening.
• Interns have the opportunity to pitch stories and have first-hand exposure as to how stories are developed, how video is gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective.
• Assist Producers, Photojournalists, and Correspondents at all levels in New York.
• Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Summer 2020 program dates are June 1st through August 7th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.