The Team CNN International is the largest international news network. CNN International interns will get an opportunity to view the inner workings of one of the leading news networks in the world.
The CNN International unit in New York is primarily responsible for covering Global Business News through the output of three programs including: "First Move with Julia Chatterley", "The Express", and "Quest Means Business" presented by Richard Quest.
CNN International offers an opportunity to experience, learn, and be exposed to its programming and newsgathering cycle.
This role will require an interest in Business news and broadcast journalism plus knowledge of social media.
• Interns will gain experience in the production of a program and see how show ideas are developed, how videotape is gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective.
• The intern will also book, research and greet show guests and contribute in future meetings.
• Interns will also learn how to use CNN's tape database to locate tapes for packages and sound bites for air.
• In the field, interns will have the opportunity to accompany producers on stories.
• Interns will help share the content across multiple platforms including social media.
• This internship will offer a great opportunity to strengthen your research and communication skills.
• Intern schedules vary and may include weekend
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Summer 2020 program dates are June 1st through August 7th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.