This opening is for a Software Platform Architect who will join the Global Distribution Technology team within Universal Pictures' Technology Office.
The ideal candidate will design, create, and deploy hybrid-cloud solutions that automate existing processes. The Software Platform Architect will be called on to ensure services are secure, scalable, and continuously monitored. Development activities may include creating prototypes, presenting demonstrations to stakeholders, participation in technical investigations, and leadership in transfer of solutions to SysOps teams.
The Software Platform Architect in this position is a deft verbal communicator with a passion for innovation. The candidate will be called on frequently to laisse with internal stakeholders, industry leaders, and external vendors. You must be confident, approachable, attentive to detail, well organized, and proactive in identification and resolution of gaps. A passion for systematic automation of information systems should be your highest priority after service availability and team readiness.
• A leader with DevOps experience and a strong understanding of tools and automation frameworks.
• Possess excellent automation skills and the ability to drive new initiatives to automate existing processes
• Action-oriented, capable of multitasking in the face of competing priorities
• An active team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced and very dynamic environment.
• Demonstrates the ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly.
• Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated skill as a robust cross-functional leader, working in coordination with operations, product, and engineering teams to create measurably high-available cloud-based applications.
• Experience installing and configuring infrastructure, scripting for process automation, setting up and managing cloud and container orchestration.
• Experience scaling systems, deploying and managing software in a production environment using container-based services, serverless-functions, and various open source technologies.
• Ability to review deployment and delivery pipelines, i.e., execute initiatives to minimize chances of failure, identify bottlenecks and troubleshoot issues.
• Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of Linux/Unix shell environment and scripting languages like NodeJS, Python, Perl, and PHP
• Hands-on experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• Knowledge of Internet technologies (DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP streaming, web servers, etc.) a strong plus.
• 8+ years of relevant experience
• 5+ years’ experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• 5+ years’ experience with concurrent programming, data structures, and algorithms
• 5+ years’ experience developing web-service APIs
• 3+ years’ experience with NodeJs
• 2+ years’ experience with XCode and TestFlight
• An understanding of cloud-native development patterns, including microservices, statelessness, service registry, service discovery, etc.
• Management experience in DevOps, Release Engineering or Software Engineering
• Experience using source control systems such as Git and Perforce
• Proficiency with a scripting language like Bash, Perl, or Python
• Familiarity with CI/CD servers (Jenkins), artifact management (Artifactory), and synthetic user testing
• Skilled in the documentation of complex systems using tools such as OmniGraffle, Visio, MSWord, PowerPoint and other office tools.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be willing to submit to background investigation