The New York bureau of CNN is responsible for news coverage in the northeast region of the country.
Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends.
Content generated by the bureau is coordinated with the key programs on CNN US, but also appears across the platforms of the CNN Newsgroup.
Summer 2020 Intern - New York News Bureau
• Interns gain insight into the editorial process while interning at CNN NY.
• They strengthen their research skills while contributing to segments for TV and text stories for CNN.com
• Interns are often paired with reporters and producers on both breaking news and ongoing stories - occasionally accompanying teams out in the field.
• Interns learn how to use CNN's video and photo databases to pull elements for packages and sound bites for air and are often teamed up with producers during edit.
• Interns strengthen their newsgathering skills by monitoring press conferences of stories we are covering and sending highlights to the managers for network-wide distribution.
• Interns' schedules vary and may include week and weekend work - morning and evening.
• Interns have the opportunity to pitch stories and have first-hand exposure as to how stories are developed, how video is gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the TV PKG or CNN.com story is built from an editorial and production perspective.
• Assist Reporters, Producers, Associate Producers, and News Editors, at all levels in New York.
• Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
• Must be flexible in terms of schedule.
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Summer 2020 program dates are June 1st through August 7th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.