HLN Original Series is an in-house CNN team that produces a robust lineup of unscripted documentary series for HLN and syndication, including the highly rated programs, “How It Really Happened with Hill Harper,” “Something’s Killing Me,” and “Very Scary People.” The series combine gripping story-telling of news events, crimes, and scandals, with innovative filming and long-form documentary techniques.
The series combine gripping story-telling of news events, crimes, and scandals, with innovative filming and long-form documentary techniques. The tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• Interns will assist and participate in all phases of long-form documentary production, from filming and script-writing to edit.
• Responsibilities include dubbing, transcribing, logging, researching, searching for video and sound, preparing reports and assisting with production and administrative tasks.
• Interns will also have the opportunity to attend local shoots and assist edit staff with tape producing.
• Candidates should be passionate about long-form storytelling, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Summer 2020 program dates are June 1st through August 7th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.