The FOX Network, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, the FOX Network has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
We are looking for a Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs to join our Animation team to negotiate and draft agreements, primarily for “above-the-line” talent in connection with Fox’s and Bento Box’s animation programming development and production. You will also participate in strategic planning initiatives and the management of production and distribution models. We are looking for a “team player,” who also wishes to develop and refine their own skills at negotiation, drafting and analysis, while taking on a significant amount of responsibility.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze, negotiate, and draft a variety of complex legal agreements, including “above the line” talent deals, studio co-production deals and license agreements
• Participate in the establishment and management of company policies regarding the acquisition and production of scripted programming
• Advise company executives in all business units on the interpretation and application of existing and potential deals and agreements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• JD degree and active member of California bar strongly preferred; Will consider those eligible for Registered In-House Counsel status (Rule 9.46)
• At least 5 to 7 years of transactional legal experience (top-tier law firm and/or in-house media company experience strongly preferred)
• Working knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, Animation Guild, Local 839 I.A.T.S.E, WGA, DGA)
• Strong understanding of animation, broadcast technology, television production and distribution, direct to consumer and new media platforms, intellectual property and related agreements
• Ability to support deals involving multiple, highly complex sets of agreements, manage multiple projects at one time and creatively solve problems while working under pressure
• Excellent reasoning, verbal, and written communication and inter-personal skills
• Advanced proficiency using Word and Excel.
• Ability to work well with clients and peers