Requisition Number: 1917933
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking Manager of Software Testing to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
A Manager, Technical & QA is responsible for managing the planning, and executing quality assurance test activities during all phases of Agile sprints and releases (e.g., test plan development, development of test scripts, test automation, and execution of test scripts, involvement with debugging and troubleshooting issues, impact and gap analysis, etc.). This role also continually tracks test case development, maintenance, automation and execution, bug/defect tracking and reporting, integration, and standardization of testing processes. To be successful in this one must have an Agile mindset, which involves being collaborative, focusing on delivering value, and being able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Technology We Use:
Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) Order-to-Cash, API’s, CI/CD, Test Automation, SOAP UI
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Manages QA Analysts and Software Test Engineers, on the Oracle Order to Cash and Cloud Teams.
• Leads, coach and mentor resources by establishing clearly defined development plans, performance notes and performance measurements.
• Effectively manages individual workload and when applicable, the workload for onsite, offsite and/or offshore QA resources.
• Provides ownership and accountability for assigned testing, keeping aware of progress and risks per milestone.
• Evaluates processes, anticipates problems, communicates suggestions to optimize effectiveness and efficiency; takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
• Assists with defining, implementing and supporting manual, automation and performance test strategies and best practices for Agile development and end-to-end integration testing.
• Monitors and enforces adherence to testing best practices, processes and procedures (including in-sprint test automation).
• Uses testing best practices to identify practices within Agile teams that do not contribute to their efficiency and overall success. Works to bring practices in line with goals and monitors teams to ensure discipline to the process.
• Manages and monitors non-production environments, which includes DEV, TEST and STAGE, to ensure availability, integrations, refreshes, access and test data are readily available.
• Liaises between Release Train Core, Delivery Stream Engineers, Tech Leads, Product Owners, Business Partners/Users, Platform Engineers, Developers, QA and other team members to ensure coordination, synergy, and successful sprint/feature delivery.
• Creates, monitors and delivers quality metrics and KPIs that drive and provide visibility on quality initiatives.
• Translates the department’s objectives into individual goals and activities.
• Ensures proper documentation and maintenance of Manual, Automation and Performance test plans, test scenarios and test cases.
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of SDLC and QA’s role during each phase.
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies and dependencies.
• Obtains and maintains solid level of knowledge in Cox Automotive/Manheim applications, environments and processes.
Required Experience (minimum):
5+ years of experience:
• Managing a sizeable software testing staff/organization
• Screening, hiring and coaching Manual, Automation and Performance QA Engineers/Analysts
• Writing and implementing Manual, Automation and Performance test strategies for enterprises applications
• Extensive experience working with and in Waterfall environments
3+ years of experience:
• Extensive experience working with and in Agile environments
• Extensive experience with UI and API test automation with a focus on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD).
• Thorough understanding and hands on experience with Manual Testing, frameworks and related tools
• Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay and/or Acquire-to-Retire modules and middleware.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management or Engineering; or equivalent work experience, required.
• Experience with software test and defect tracking tool (Rally), variety of operating systems and application platforms, manual and automated software test processes and tools (SOAP UI Pro and Test Complete).
What We Look For (preferred):
• Oracle EBS, Agile/SAFe and/or CSQE/CSQA certifications, a plus.
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.