The NBCUniversal Studio Services team is looking for a collaborative, results-driven creative and self-motivated Floor Lead/Rental Agent for our Lighting and Grip operation in Long Island City. In this role you’ll be an important part of the leadership team for the operation maintaining the flow of Lighting and Grip equipment and paperwork while assisting in warehouse responsibilities.
What You’ll Do…
• Be a service-centric professional that develops and maintains positive relationships with customers and vendors of all levels of the production landscape, servicing their needs through excellent communication, exceptional responsiveness, resourceful solutions, and efficient pick-ups and deliveries.
• Lead the warehouse floor from the front with inventory ownership that shows superior organization, clear team communication about all order and equipment changes, and resolving unexpected challenges effectively, while having the responsibility of the health safety and training for the warehouse team as a high priority throughout.
• Create and maintain a best-in-industry workflow process that has timely, accurate inventory levels and testing of all equipment resulting in minimal downtime of resources and superior quality at all times.
• Be an order processing wizard cranking through film and television production requests for equipment packages, diligently sourcing and negotiating sub-rental deals with informed industry knowledge and delivering the order over the finish line with timely payment completion.
• Own the accuracy of all customer and billing files ensuring they are detailed with main packages, add-on’s, exchanges, PO’s, sub-rentals, missing/damaged equipment and returns to keep all aspects of our business up-to-date and successful.
What You Must Have:
• Minimum 5 years of management expertise overseeing production support services within the Film and Television industry
• Minimum 2 years working with and supporting multiple stakeholders, vendors, and customers
• At least 2 years’ experience leading others including coaching, mentoring and directing work of a team
Let’s Talk About You…
• Process-Driven – You organize, prioritize and execute numerous orders in tandem with detail-orientation and strong problem-solving
• Communicates with ease – You have a way with words; written and verbal, regardless of level you connect with
• Industry-insider – You are knowledgeable in motion picture and television lighting, grip, and electrical equipment, LED technologies and how they impact the industry, follow the trends of the media business, and know how production works
• Cool Under Pressure – You handle stressful situations with ease and professionalism while juggling multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
• Tech-savvy – You are an MS Office whiz, have experience with asset tracking, and if you know RT Pro (or any rental tracking software), it’s a big plus!