The Director of Core Network Services will lead the team responsible for Architecture, Engineering, and Operational support of NBCUniversal’s Wide Area, Campus, and Data Center Networks
The Director of Core Network Services will report to the VP of Global Network Services and supervise a highly technical team comprised of Architects and Engineers.
Your Day Includes:
• Partner with other Engineering teams to define strategic technical direction, develop roadmaps, and contribute to project business cases
• Drive innovation by advising engineering teams and other stakeholders on the external technology landscape, both within the media and entertainment industry and beyond.
• Evaluate new technologies, support POCs/prototyping, and participate in the development of new service offerings
• Contribute to the development of NBCU reference architectures and processes.
• Develop business cases, design solution architecture, and manage multi-phased, complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process change
• Act as a change agent by anticipating technology opportunities, proposing viable solutions, and enabling process/technical innovation
• Inspire team to exceed expectations, encourage employee growth through professional development, groom team member capabilities via active coaching, and identify skill/ability mismatches
• Develop and maintain Enterprise Technologies solution/service roadmaps, and ensure services are aligned with business needs as well as the department strategy and investment plan
• Manage budgeting and proposal efforts by ensuring completion of project business cases, cost-benefit analyses, resource plans, and project schedules
Who We’re Looking For:
• You’re adaptable with a history of leading effectively under pressure and through significant change
• You’re service-orientated with a track record of improving service levels and client satisfaction in a matrixed operating environment
• You can synthesize and simplify complex concepts/requirements to the team and stakeholders and tie back to business objectives.
• You have a customer-/business-centric mindset and demonstrated track record of aligning IT objectives and programs to business goals and strategies
• You’re a true collaborator and team player who can encourage and promote one team across IT disciplines to meet common goals and add value to the business
• You have prior experience working on a team with cross-functional individuals within a matrix organization to meet aggressive business demands
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field (or equivalent work experience)
• 10+ years in related field, with at least 3 years in a management role
• Minimum 5 years of experience leading complex programs/projects with proven record of successful completion
• Deep understanding of application and infrastructure technologies (compute, storage, network, database, web, integration, virtualization, firewalls, load balancers, cloud hosting)
• Exceptional technical skills with implementation, architecture, and integration experience
• Experience developing and delivering complex technology architecture on enterprise level/scale
• Strong facilitation skills to engage subject matter experts to define requirements and conduct detailed design reviews with project team
• Experience in agile software development, automated testing, and DevOps experience.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime and on weekends with short notice.
• Available outside of regular work hours