Requisition Number: 1917855
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand.
As a Retail Sales Associate, you are an ambassador of the Cox brand and will be the primary point of contact for both new and existing customers. Working in a Solutions Store, you will guide customers through the purchase decision, installation process and education of Cox product and accessory offerings while providing an exceptional customer experience.
You will be responsible for meeting established sales, retention, and customer experience objectives by ensuring customers are provided with the appropriate product and accessory solutions. As a critical member of the sales team, this role requires strong interpersonal skills and a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience.
You will play a key role in maximizing sales and profitability by focusing on key business initiatives, store merchandising, marketing execution, inventory management, and loss prevention. Other operational duties may include paperwork and completion of sales reports as they relate to store opening and closing.
This is the perfect career opportunity for sales-driven individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as a Retail Sales Associate. Keep reading to learn more and apply today!
At Cox Communications, our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer:
• Competitive base salary plus uncapped commission plan
• Work-life balance, including generous time off policies PLUS 7 paid holidays and flexible part-time hours
• Retirement benefits including highly competitive 401(k) matching
• Free Internet and other Cox discounted services
• Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition assistance
• Future career growth and promotional opportunities
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Ensures individual sales, retention, and customer experience targets are met
• Explains, illustrates, demonstrates product and accessory capabilities and offers suggestions based on customers’ wants and needs using established sales tools and technology
• Provides best-in-class customer service by consistently practicing sales behaviors.
• Aids customers in completing purchases using established tools, and resolves issues promptly and professionally; maintains polished and professional presence and adherence to appearance guidelines.
• Executes promotions and campaigns designed to increase brand equity and achieve sales objectives
• Assists with store opening and closing duties, maintaining proper cash handling metrics
• Participates in inventory cycle counts
• Ensures sales floor remains well merchandised, clean, and visually appealing at all times
• Participates in workshops, special events, and product demonstrations to drive customer loyalty
• Continuously expands knowledge of current Cox products as well as competitor product offerings by participating in regular training classes inside and outside of the store
• May be required to work in other locations in the same geographical area.
• Provides support for other sales agents as needed to ensure optimal customer service
Assists with other duties as requested
• HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
• Ability to meet established sales, retention, and customer experience targets
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, evenings, and holidays
• Track record of high individual performance with demonstrated financial result in sales and retention
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively sell products using a solutions-based approach
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a service-oriented, fast-paced team environment
• Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products, services, and accessories
• Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory
• Ability to be mobile within the store for long periods of time to greet customers and demonstrate products and services
• AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline desired
• One or more year of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Sales, Retail Sales, Service Industry, etc)
• Previous experience with store operational duties
• Cash handling; cashier and previous billing system experience
• Ability to showcase or drive solution minded resolutions for customer issues.
• Sales, Retail, Service Industry, and Customer Engaging role where customer decisions are influenced
• Ability to understand customer service principles and measures
• Fluency in the Spanish language, both written and spoken