The Construction Coordinator is responsible for interfacing directly with the Design & Construction team along with their partners in Finance, Sourcing, along with all vendors. In doing so, the Coordinator seeks and gathers details and status on all projects, builds department wide reports summarizing status on schedule, scope and budget. The Coordinator also serves as a primary point of vendor contact for the department, organizing and issuing vendor work approvals, receiving and processing preliminary lien releases, and other critical vendor activity.
• Regularly attends business unit meeting with key clients and stakeholders.
• Creates numerous professional PowerPoint presentations that go to senior executives updating on project status.
• Creates and distributes detailed meeting minutes, initiates and follows-up with action items.
• Builds detailed .xls budget updates on individual projects and portfolios of projects to track progress against budgets, track change orders and potential risks.
• Creates complex MS project schedules to track individual and multiple projects, identifying key milestones, critical dependencies, baseline completion against actual timelines.
• Works collaboratively with a team of project leaders to gather and report on a diverse and complex program of capital projects.
• Seeks out and reports key project data to project leaders including a Project Development Log and Project Status Reports.
• Builds electronic tracking files of project data including compiling critical project close out documentation, commissioning data, warranties, and manuals.
• Serves as primary vendor contact to process preliminary lien waivers, gather appropriate certificates of insurance, bonding information, Browz clearances, and general contracting requirements to work here on the NBCUniversal Lot.
• Generally, supports senior project managers to insure successful delivery of hundreds of complex capital projects averaging about $100 million every year in spend.
• Supports and promotes the corporate safety vision and complies with all safety rules, policies, and procedures.
• 4-year college degree in related field preferred.
• 2-5 years of relevant project / program administrative and support experience.
• Previous experience working within a design and construction delivery team preferred.
• Must be proficient in all MS Office applications.
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude every day.
• Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project a plus.
• Strong vendor management & coordination capabilities.
• Effectively manages priorities and able to multi-task effectively.
• Ability to plan, organize and report large project portfolios
• Strong working knowledge of project management practices
• Effectively organizes meetings and supporting material.
• Able to build detailed budgets, schedules and scope documents within established parameters
• Strong team philosophy and interpersonal skills.
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities and deliverables.