The Salesforce Center of Excellence Director of Engineering will be responsible for technical design and oversight of Salesforce platform development to bolster productivity, drive our cloud migration strategy, and modernize the application portfolio. The director of engineering will lead a mix of employee and consultant technical resources to deliver value to the business units, from strategic project to enhancement backlog.
• Drive the execution and delivery of multiple Salesforce applications with complex data integrations across Sales, Service, and Marketing clouds.
• Work with architects and program management to scope, staff, and cost project requests
• Resource load multiple offshore pods & manage technical workstream for multiple projects simultaneously
• Foster and maintain a culture of professional software engineering best practices including design & architecture standards, quality of deliverables, and code review practices
• Work with architects to identify opportunities for code reuse and resource optimization
• Manage a team of in house developers and admins, providing guidance, career development, and workload management
• Assess new technologies and develop Salesforce capabilities designed to create tangible business value across the lines of business.
• 4-year degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
• Experience in Agile development methodologies and DevOps practices
• Deep understanding of cloud computing and/or web-based solutions and technologies including API Gateway, Platform integration & ETL tools (such as JitterBit, Mashery, Informatica), and server-side scripting language (Python, Ruby, Node.js)
• 4-6 years of experience with in a product/program/portfolio management role leading software engineering teams
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #)
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA with some travel required in the US.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to provide support during non-business hours as needed to resolve critical issues
• 7+ years of software engineering experience
• Possess or desire to pursue Force.com Certified Developer Certification
• Demonstrated success working in a dynamic, rapid-scale work environment
• A self-starter with successful technical solutions background and a clear vision for how to operationalize a successful CRM strategy