Marquee Sports Network is the future exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It will be the Chicago-region’s exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and will also feature extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer/Editor who will contribute to the visual identity of Marquee Sports Network. This design expert will aid in establishing the look and feel of our multimedia marketing and content efforts. Responsibilities could include elements for print, digital and social content, sales presentations, marketing collateral, edited video or graphics for programming and more. They will provide direct support to internal clients through all stages of project development and executes strategic creative initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner to establish Marquee Sports Network’s visual language across every medium.
• Assist our marketing and editorial teams in the creation of original assets at a rapid pace – from Instagram stories to animated gifs to design of consumer-facing content marketing material.
• Maintain highest standards of typographical treatment, image selection, color palette form factors and interface of each medium
• Communicate with internal clients and key stakeholders about design ideas and project status
• Propose and create original design solutions as requested; Ensure design goals set out in brief process are met
• Create or manipulate images in design or imaging software to visualize image concepts, styles or ideas
• Collaborate with web, content, video teams on production of digital communications
• Manage vendor bidding process, where necessary, and manage budget for select projects
• Prepare files, spec sheets or design requirement documents for printers or developers, where necessary
• Keep current on image trends, photographers and illustrators
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art or related field or equivalent professional experience
• Four years professional experience in graphic design environment
• Portfolio of work that exhibits exceptional graphic design work experience across varied mediums, including social media, and the technical skills to match
• Mastery of typography, color, image and layout to create engaging designs
• Versatile experience and knowledge of designing for a wide range of mediums including web, video, screens, including large format screens, environmental and event design
• Familiarity with best practices for graphics and video content on social media platforms
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) on Mac platform
• Ability to work well under tight deadline schedules and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with motion graphics software such as After Effects, Photoshop motion capabilities and Premiere
• Awareness and knowledge of technical aspects of digital platforms, such as web, mobile and social media in order to collaborate with technical teams to produce digital solutions
• Familiarity with business applications (Word, Excel) and presentation applications such as PowerPoint and/or Keynote
• Motivated self-starter who can work independently, but also enjoys collaboration
• Strong communication skills and the ability to take feedback fluidly, communicate design decisions, and iterate on tight timelines
• A passion for brand integrity and high attention to detail