iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – and with its quarter of a billion monthly listeners, has a greater reach than any other media company in the U.S. The company’s leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms including 850 live broadcast stations; streaming music, radio and on demand via its iHeartRadio digital service available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices including smart speakers, digital auto dashes, tablets, wearables, smartphones, virtual assistants, TVs and gaming consoles; through its influencers; social; branded iconic live music events; and podcasts as the #1 commercial podcast publisher globally. iHeartMedia also leads the audio industry in analytics and attribution technology for its marketing partners, using data from its massive consumer base.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for developing expanding, testing and/or optimizing the infrastructure and architecture of existing and future data pipelines, as well as optimizing data collection, flow, and delivery for cross-functional teams including software engineers, data scientists, and business partners. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
• Develop and maintain standards for administration and operation including the scheduling, running, monitoring, logging, error management, failure recovery, and output validation
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Work with cross functional teams to strive for greater functionality in our data systems, and recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
• Collaborate with data scientists to build data products that ingest data from a variety of data sources, process it with sophisticated data science techniques, and produces results that are consumed by business partners for analysis or action
• Contribute to the project planning process by estimating tasks and deliverables
• Communicate complex solutions and ideas to a variety of stakeholders (other team members, IT leadership, and business leaders) in easily understandable language
• Utilize and stay current in programming languages and software technology
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, or Applied Math – Graduate degree desired
• 5+ years of commercial experience in a data engineer role with a proven record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Strong understanding of ETL processes
• Expert-level knowledge of SQL and experience with NoSQL databases
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
• Solid programming skills and expertise in Python
• Experience working with REST and SOAP APIs
• Strong project management, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment