HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The Data Engineer will build scalable data solutions to develop and grow WarnerMedia's direct to consumer streaming service, HBO Max.
• This role will partner with a world class team of data architects, data scientists, software engineers and others to grow analytics capabilities that will be used to inform business decisions and product optimizations, and product design.
• This role will be a part of a larger team that is key to WarnerMedia's data-driven culture across different business domains.
• SQL Rockstar: can code complex SQL logic while you sleep.
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in Algorithms and Data Structures.
• Strong Software Engineering and Coding skills: 3-5 years of experience in Python or other programming languages such as Scala or Java.
• Significant experience with Big Data technologies such as Apache Spark.
• 2-3 years of experience with MPP/Cloud Data Warehouses such as Snowflake.
• Three years of experience with core AWS services related to data engineering.
• Education: Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands